Flourish provides bespoke botanical remedies that help to manage the symptoms of a wide range of conditions. Each remedy is individual and personalised – it is made specifically for you.
Common conditions include:
- Colds and flu
- Skin conditions
- Muscular tension
- Anxiety and Stress Related disorders
- Arthritis and joint pain
- Digestive health
- Reproductive Health
- Headaches and Migraines
- Breathing and Lung conditions
- Circulatory disorders – varicose veins, phlebitis
- Water Retention
- Sexual Health
The remedies are created with you in mind. Many of the formulations are borne out of addressing how to help relieve the symptoms of the most common conditions and the remedies are intended to help affect change on a physical, mental, emotional and energetic level. The remedies have more than a one dimensional quality – they are developed, created and crafted with consideration of all of your energetic aspects. They are complex, individual and holistic, just as you are.
Flourish’s aim is to source and use Soil Association approved organic ingredients wherever possible. For many ingredients, organic options remain unavailable but this is developing slowly. As much as possible, ingredients are also sourced from Fair Trade suppliers or those who are part of cooperatives to support communities.
Vegetarian and Vegan Friendly – Cruelty Free
There are no animal by-products in Flourish products, such as lanolin or animal derived glycerin. All products are vegetarian friendly and most are vegan – the products that are not suitable for vegans contain beeswax or propolis but there are vegan alternatives for these. All products and ingredients are cruelty free – none of the finished products, or their ingredients, have been tested on animals either by the suppliers or by a third party acting on their behalf. This is something that is very important to me and I take a hard line on this – you’ll find more information on Flourish’s cruelty free policy here.
What do the products contain?
Each product has its own list of ingredients – please see individual products.
- Where possible, organically grown and Soil Association approved plant oils such as sunflower, coconut, apricot kernal and avocado
- Where possible, pure organic essential oils – concentrated goodness from the plant kingdom
- Metaphysical medicine from the crystal and mineral kingdom
- Organic alcohol – used as a natural preservative for products such as crystal elixirs
- Love, care, knowledge and experience
All remedies are freshly made to order and do not contain artificial preservatives and so their shelf life is a little shorter. If stored correctly, they should last between 3 – 6 months.
Ingredients that the remedies do not contain:
- Mineral oils – by product of the oil and petroleum industry; main ingredient in baby oil
- Parabens – synthetic chemicals often used as a preservative for skincare products
- SLS – Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, a common ingredient in shampoo and liquid soaps that’s also used as an industrial cleaner to degrease engines
- Animal derived by-products – it’s plants all the way at Flourish
- Palm Oil – the cultivation of this plant is known for the deforestation and clearing of huge areas of tropical forests and wildlife for palm oil plantations. More information on why we should avoid it here.
- Silicones – often used in conditioners and face creams (yes, the same kind of stuff used to seal your shower)
- Colourings and artificial fragrances – there’s never any need for synthetics when there is an abundance of beautiful and natural plant extracts and essential oils
The cost varies depending on the remedy but you will be advised of the cost before ordering – the cost of the average bespoke remedy is £15. Postage and packaging is £2.95. There is no p&p cost if you would prefer to pick up the remedy in person from the Glasgow Osteopathic Centre.
The cost is £30 for one remedy. This includes the initial consultation, a bespoke botanical remedy and directions for use. Postage and packaging is £2.95. There is no p&p cost if you would prefer to pick up the remedy in person from the Glasgow Osteopathic Centre.
Requesting A Remedy
Flourish remedies are available to clients only and are not on general sale. To become a client and request a botanical remedy, please contact me using the form below with your contact details including email and telephone. You will be emailed a Consultation Form to complete, asking you to detail the symptoms you are experiencing and the type of remedy you are requesting (skin conditions, insomnia or headache remedy, for example). The remedy is bespoke – it is made specifically for the symptoms you describe and takes into consideration all aspects of your health and any current medical conditions or allergies.